[imp] Mail sorting

Tom Sahrendt zeitenflug at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 06:23:56 PDT 2006

hi, eric!

thanks for your help.

> Sounds like you need to update your configs under
> the setup section.

How can I do this? I just downloaded horde/IMP, i.e. I
can only do what is described in the manual, I don't
know the options by heart yet.

I have a menu in the sidebar (Horde, Webmail,
Administration, LogOut) and I have a menu in the top
bar (Home, Customize, Administration, WebMail,
Problems, Help LogOut).

With "Customize" I only can add such as the weather
forcast to the menu bar. WebMail logs me into the imap
server. The only suitable option seems to be
"Administration".

My administration menu offers options such as SQL
shell, permissions, users and so on. The only sensible
thing seems to be "Configuration".

Configuration lets me choose between IMP and HORDE.

HORDE offers:

 General
 Database
 Authentication
 Sign Up
 Logging
 Preference System
 DataTree System
 Groups
 Cache System
 Token System
 Mailer
 Virtual File Storage
 Custom Session Handler
 Image Manipulation
 MIME Detection
 Hostname->Country Lookup
 Problem Reporting
 Menu Settings
 Custom Function Hooks
 Portal Block Configuration
 IMSP server settings
 Kolab Groupware Server

IMP offers:

 External Utilities and Menu
 User Capabilities and Constraints
 Mail Server
 Mailbox and Fetchmail
 Message and Spam
 Compose
 Custom Hooks
 Other settings

> did
> you recently upgrade?

No. I installed Squirrelmail yesterday, so that I can
check my e-mails until I have learnt how to handle
Horde/IMP, but apart from that it is my only webmail
install and it's fresh.

> that you will see a warning similar to
> 'configuration is out of date'
> when you click Administration-->Setup

I don't see a warning, but I don't have the option
"Setup" as I described earlier in this e-mail. Did I
miss something?

cu,
Tom