[imp] Mail sorting

Eric heli at mikestammer.com
Fri May 26 07:12:22 PDT 2006

Tom Sahrendt wrote:
> hi, eric!
> How can I do this? I just downloaded horde/IMP, i.e. I
> can only do what is described in the manual, I don't
> know the options by heart yet.
>
>> that you will see a warning similar to
>> 'configuration is out of date'
>> when you click Administration-->Setup
>
> I don't see a warning, but I don't have the option
> "Setup" as I described earlier in this e-mail. Did I
> miss something?

sure sounds like it. i dont think you are an administrator on your
installation. if you were, you would be seeing those options.

after a clean install, you should go to your horde URL. it will log you
in as the administrator.  you then should add either a different account
or your primary mail account to the administrators list so that when you
log in you can admin horde and other addons.

I would nuke (rm -r) your horde directory and do a clean install of
horde only to start.  Run the tests
(http://yourserver.com/horde/test.php), ensure things work, setup an
administrator acct, etc.  once that is looking good, start adding things
like IMP, Gollum, etc.

again, if you do not see an Administration menu with Setup under it,
something is NOT right and you wont be able to configure the base system.

What OS did you install this on?

Eric