[imp] Mail sorting

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Sat May 27 02:56:25 PDT 2006

On 27 May 2006, at 10:47, Tom Sahrendt wrote:

> Hi Graeme,
>
>> Yes, BUT if you had configured a preferences
>> database backend
>
> As I already said, I have configured it. It says
> "backend SQL" and "horde defaults". The SQL
> database is up and running and horde is able to
> use it as shown by the fact that it saves new
> users to the database.
>
>> or normal users) would have a menu item
>> called Options.
>
> Okay, then I guess for some reason my three tries
> to install HORDE/IMP according to the manual
> somehow didn't work out and somewhere something
> went wrong, so that my HORDE installation for the
> preference section ignores what I setup in the
> configuration section. My problem, as previously
> pointed out, is that I don't know what went
> wrong. And this is why I am looking for help
> here. Any ideas?
>
> After the first install I made two fresh
> installs, each time sticking exactly to the
> manual to my best knowledge. However, I seem to
> do something in a wrong way. I simply can't
> figure out what. Is there any configuration file
> or any log file that could help me figure out why
> IMP seems to ignore the preference tab?
>
>> You are confusing the Administration menu
>> with the Options menu.
>
> No, false. I'm not confusing it. Eric suggested
> that I am not logged in as administrator. In
> order to show that according to my knowledge I AM
> logged in as administrator I cited the
> administration's menu. In the e-mail you were
> quoting, I said twice that those options I'm
> looking for are not to be found in the
> administration's menu and shouldn't be found
> there.

That is because they aren't there!  You are the
person that keeps saying these options aren't
under the Administration menu. We keep telling
you that they are available in the Options menu.
You won' t get an Options menu if you don't have a
properly configured Horde and IMP setup with
an appropriately configured backend.

How about you send out the contents of
horde/config/conf.php and imp/config/conf.php?
Then we can see what you have configured.
Also consult the documentation in the horde/docs
and imp/docs directories about setting up
your preferences database.

Either horde can't talk to your database or
you haven't configured your database with
the correct tables and permissions.