[imp] Mail sorting

Tom Sahrendt zeitenflug at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 02:47:51 PDT 2006

Hi Graeme,

> Yes, BUT if you had configured a preferences
> database backend

As I already said, I have configured it. It says
"backend SQL" and "horde defaults". The SQL
database is up and running and horde is able to
use it as shown by the fact that it saves new
users to the database.

> or normal users) would have a menu item
> called Options.

Okay, then I guess for some reason my three tries
to install HORDE/IMP according to the manual
somehow didn't work out and somewhere something
went wrong, so that my HORDE installation for the
preference section ignores what I setup in the
configuration section. My problem, as previously
pointed out, is that I don't know what went
wrong. And this is why I am looking for help
here. Any ideas?

After the first install I made two fresh
installs, each time sticking exactly to the
manual to my best knowledge. However, I seem to
do something in a wrong way. I simply can't
figure out what. Is there any configuration file
or any log file that could help me figure out why
IMP seems to ignore the preference tab?

> You are confusing the Administration menu
> with the Options menu.

No, false. I'm not confusing it. Eric suggested
that I am not logged in as administrator. In
order to show that according to my knowledge I AM
logged in as administrator I cited the
administration's menu. In the e-mail you were
quoting, I said twice that those options I'm
looking for are not to be found in the
administration's menu and shouldn't be found
there.

> You need to setup both before your users can
> use it.

As I already said, I setup both. As I said, I can
log into my imap server and see the messages. But
due to the wrong sort order, I have to flip
through all 180 messages and pick up the new ones
instead of seeing them in one bunch. I would
prefer to see them ordered by date descending, so
that I see the new ones first and later the old
(read) ones. As I said, I also can add new users
and HORDE saves them to the database.

I agree with you that something doesn't seem to
be setup or else HORDE would work. To be exact,
I'm trying to figure out what exactly hasn't been
set up properly and because I'm new to HORDE, I
came here asking for help.

Your assumption that something wasn't set up
properly, is right. But it doesn't really help me
figure out what wasn't set up properly. Anyway,
if you have any idea as to what couldn't be set
up properly, I'd really appreciate any input.

> This is where you will need to specify the database
> horde will use to store preferences.

As I said, this is where I specified the
database.

cu,
Tom