[imp] Mail sorting

Tom Sahrendt zeitenflug at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 04:03:48 PDT 2006

Hi there,

one of my e-mails doesn't seem to have made it to
the list. Here's what I did to enable the menu
item "options" that didn't show up in my
installation:

1. I copied the prefGroups['display'] part of
imp's prefs.php to horde's prefs.php

2. I invoked services/prefs.php with options
group=display and app=imp. I changed the sort
order and saved the options.

3. The saving seems to do the trick. When I
reload the horde page the "options" menu entry
shows up. Heureka!

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 10:56:25AM +0100, Graeme Wood
wrote:

> You won' t get an Options menu if you don't have a
> properly configured Horde and IMP setup with
> an appropriately configured backend.

1. Perhaps the misunderstanding in our discussion
was that you seemed to think I didn't configure
HORDE/IMP at all, while I was convinced I
configured it correctly to my best knowledge?

2. Perhaps the misunderstanding in our discussion
emerged from the progression of the whole
discussion. When I first posted here, I didn't
know that there is something such as a "options"
menu item to determine the sort order. Instead I
posted all the options I see. By doing that it
became clear that there really was an option I
don't have. The next step in the discussion was
to figure out why this option is not shown in my
installation despite the fact that I have set up
the database, HORDE is able to use it and I set
the options in the preference tab. The why stays
unanswered but at least now I have this options.
What may have confused you is the fact that some
replies didn't progress with the discussion but
repeated earlier statements. I was so keen on
getting IMP to work that I tried to get every
participant of the discussion on the current
status of the discussion and by over-doing this I
may have provoked further misunderstandings. For
this I'm sorry.

> Either horde can't talk to your database or
> you haven't configured your database with
> the correct tables and permissions.

None of those. Perhaps there was an entry missing
in one of the tables that was produced when I
saved the options?

cu,
Tom