[imp] Passing auth credentials to compose

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 30 01:34:23 PDT 2006

Zitat von MIlos Prudek <prudek at bvx.cz>:

> Hi,
>
> I need to enhance integration of imp with a third party application.
>  A user in
> a third party app should be able to login to Horde and display IMP's compose
> window at the same time. Credentials are ready to be passed via POST.
>
> A form could, of course, POST imapuser=xxx, pass=xxx, and action=compose to
> redirect.php, but redirect.php then opens the mailbox and tries to open
> Compose in a new window (blocked by popup blockers).

Set the preferences to not open the compose window in a popup.

> And compose.php does not accept imapuser and pass POSTed to it.
>
> The best solution for me would be to:
>
> - From my app (written in Zope/Python) "silently" log into Horde, i.e. to
> somehow get the Horde auth cookie into user's browser after the user POSTs
> his credentials from a form in my app. Silently means without actually
> displaying any Horde page.
> - User, having the Horde auth cookie, would then be redirected via 304 to
> horde/imp/compose.php?to=john at example.com
>
> Is this idea of silent login and redirect not feasible because of limitations
> of CGI communications? Is it too contrived?

You can use IMP's "authenticate" API method though an RPC request. You
would need to fetch the cookies retrieved from the RPC server and send
them back to the users browser.

> My current horde is 2.2.5 and imp is 3.2.3. I apologize for that,
> there was no
> compelling reason to upgrafe so far. I am ready to upgrade if it would help
> solve my problem.

You are out of luck with this version, it doesn't even have an RPC interface.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/