[imp] Question about PGP functionality

Eric heli at mikestammer.com
Thu Jun 29 06:19:24 PDT 2006

Victor W wrote:
> Can anyone provide a couple statements of what PGP and/or S/MIME require
> to work?
>
> I have openssl functionality compiled into Apache as well as PHP and
> have upload functionality turned on in I believe all the correct spots
> in the php.ini file.  I have Squirrelmail running on the same webserver
> where I can send (encrypt/sign) and receive (decrypt) PGP-encrypted
> messages, or messages with PGP'ed files attached to them.
>
> Specific problem I'm having is that in IMP, when I enable the PGP
> functionality and then try to upload my keypair, it says it did it
> successfully, but then I still have no PGP functionality?  If I go back
> to the options in the Mail configuration "PGP Options", it doesn't show
> the key I just uploaded.  It just says:
>
> "No Keys in Keyring
>
> Key import is not available. You have no address book defined to add
> your contacts."

check the dialog window that pops up. look at it closely. are you sure
you clicked through the whole thing? i recall when i did it i was seeing
the same thing as you like 5 times and then noticed at the very top or
bottom there was an option like a 'Next' button or something.

in other words, the upload dialog has several steps to go through before
things work properly.

give that a whirl!