[imp] Couple of usability questions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 29 10:05:02 PDT 2006

Quoting rajkumars at asianetindia.com:

> Hi,
>
> We are running horde (latest stable downloaded from horde.org)
> successfully for our mail servers but users has asked for couple of
> changes in the web interface, I went through the archives but did not
> find any way to do them
>
> 1. Change the size of compose window (the current size is too big for
> people with 800x600) In archives I saw a reference to
> templates/javascript/open_compose_win.js but that file is missing in
> my installation.

see IMP::composeLink() in imp/lib/IMP.php.

> 2. Currently the compose window does not display the attachment option
> by default (ie I have to scroll down to view it) Is it possible to
> move the attachment section to the top or resize the compose window so
> that that is also visible by default?

Sure, edit the template file in imp/templates/compose/

> 3. When I view a mail with attachment the attachment is displayed at
> the bottom of the mail. Is it possible to put that at the top?
Check IMP's preferences - Under Message Viewing, "How do you want to
display attachments?" should be set to either "Listing in the Header"
or "Both Header Listing and Body of Message"

> 4. Is it possible to disable zip file download? Users are confused by it.

Comment out the ZIP link generation in imp/lib/MIME/Contents.php.

> 5. Is it possible to display HTML versions of email if that is
> available by default? Currently it's shown as unnamed [text/html] btw,
> that's the place where I would like to see the attachments listed.

Enable viewing of html parts inline (see imp/config/mime_drivers.php).

michael