[imp] IMP does suddenly not work with sendmail

BiBe bibe2001 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 14 18:20:17 PDT 2006

Hi,
thanks a lot for your answer.

> have you checked out /tmp/horde, /var/log/maillog, /var/log/messages?
>
>   also have you checked that you don't have a full partition?

I found the problem now: I had fixed apache's open_basedir-configuration and
disabled escapeshellcmd() and popen() which are used by IMP to send mails.
Unfortunately IMP closes the compose-window even if there are errors which avoid
sending the message.

I prevented closing the window after sending the message in compose.php and then
saw the errors and permited the according php-functions. It works now.

Does anyone know if it's advisable to permit using of escapeshellcmd() and
popen() by any untrustable webuser (ftp-acces to load any script) of the server
with safe_mod off?

Many thanks,
BiBe