[imp] Problem with Horde 3.1.2 and MySQL 5.0 sessions

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Tue Jul 18 22:17:13 PDT 2006

Hi, guys. I'm having a problem using a MySQL 5.0 server as a database
for Horde sessions. I'm hoping this rings a bell with someone.

First, I have an old Horde/IMP setup and an old MySQL 3.1 server. These
work fine together including MySQL-based sessions.

I installed a new machine with a new Horde 3.1.2 and IMP 4.1.2. This was
initially setup with the old MySQL database. It worked fine with the
existing databases and tables.

Next I installed a new database machine and migrated all the databases
to the new machine. The old Horde/IMP is still in production and works
fine with the new databases.

The problem is the new Horde/IMP can't use the new database. If I
configure it to use the new database, logins seems to fail. If I change
only the name of the machine for session handling MySQL, it all works
fine, putting session data on the old database.

When I'm using the new database machine, logins seem to succeed and
Horde logs in its log that the login succeeds. However, I am redirected
to a URL like
http://webmail/horde/imp/login.php?Horde=eii98h6jdqtt13lvfpvobe66p0

So, basically it's a circle. I try to login at this page and get back to
this page with a new session ID. Looking in the database, I can see a
minimal session created with this session ID in the database.

I've tried stopping the login process at various places in the PHP. If I
do this, I can see a huge session blob in the database, with all my
preferences, all my IMAP folders, etc. The blob looks fine to me and
seems to be the right length, etc. I've traced the logins all the way to
http://webmail/horde/login.php?Horde=sessionid but haven't traced them
past there. Up to that point, it seems to be logging in normally.
However, that page is redirecting me back to the IMP login.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried creating a new Horde sessions table
using the exact script in the scripts/sql directory and that doesn't
help any. Does anyone else have Horde sessions working with MySQL 5.0?
Any ideas what could be causing this or what additional debugging I can do?

Thanks
Jeff