[imp] Problem with Horde 3.1.2 and MySQL 5.0 sessions

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 00:12:22 PDT 2006

On 19 Jul 2006, at 06:17, Jeff Tucker wrote:

> Hi, guys. I'm having a problem using a MySQL 5.0 server as a database
> for Horde sessions. I'm hoping this rings a bell with someone.
>
> First, I have an old Horde/IMP setup and an old MySQL 3.1 server.
> These
> work fine together including MySQL-based sessions.
>
> I installed a new machine with a new Horde 3.1.2 and IMP 4.1.2.
> This was
> initially setup with the old MySQL database. It worked fine with the
> existing databases and tables.
>
> Next I installed a new database machine and migrated all the databases
> to the new machine. The old Horde/IMP is still in production and works
> fine with the new databases.
>
> The problem is the new Horde/IMP can't use the new database. If I
> configure it to use the new database, logins seems to fail. If I
> change
> only the name of the machine for session handling MySQL, it all works
> fine, putting session data on the old database.

Your database will contain passwords using the old password encryption
mechanism. Your MySQL client libraries on your new server will likely
be expecting to use the new mechanism. You will either need to update
your MySQL database passwords (and break your old installation) or
configure your MySQL client to reduce its security and use the old
mechanism.
You should read the  MySQL documentation with regards to upgrading
from older releases.

=====
Graeme Wood                            Email: Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552