[imp] Problem with Horde 3.1.2 and MySQL 5.0 sessions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jul 19 13:14:36 PDT 2006

Zitat von Jeff Tucker <jeff at jltnet.com>:

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>>
>> Check your session table type and make sure the row locking is
>> enabled in horde's session handler configuration if and only if you
>>  use an InnoDB table.
>>
>> Jan.
>>

> Jan, you're onto something.
>
> I first tried a MyISAM table with row locking disabled. This didn't

That should have worked.

> work. Next, I tried InnoDB with row locking disabled. This also didn't
> work.
>
> When I enable row locking with my InnoDB table, though, it works.
>
> So, is it possible that the case with row locking disabled is just
> broken? Is row locking required on InnoDB or other table types? The
> comments in the config make it look like it's optional.

I didn't test any other combination than myisam without row locking
and innodb with row locking.

> My other question is that it's really my goal to use this with MySQL
> Cluster (although this testing wasn't done on the cluster). Do you know
> if the ndb storage engine works with row locking?

No idea, you probably need to check the mysql manual. I didn't even
hear about ndb engines yet, I thought mysql cluster is using the
"regular" table engines.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/