[imp] Problem with Horde 3.1.2 and MySQL 5.0 sessions

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Wed Jul 19 07:35:58 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Check your session table type and make sure the row locking is enabled
> in horde's session handler configuration if and only if you use an
> InnoDB table.
>
> Jan.

Jan, you're onto something.

I first tried a MyISAM table with row locking disabled. This didn't
work. Next, I tried InnoDB with row locking disabled. This also didn't work.

When I enable row locking with my InnoDB table, though, it works.

So, is it possible that the case with row locking disabled is just
broken? Is row locking required on InnoDB or other table types? The
comments in the config make it look like it's optional.

My other question is that it's really my goal to use this with MySQL
Cluster (although this testing wasn't done on the cluster). Do you know
if the ndb storage engine works with row locking?

Thanks again,
Jeff