[imp] problem configuring horde 3.1.2

Lucien GENTIS lucien.gentis at lorraine.iufm.fr
Tue Aug 1 06:21:16 PDT 2006

Hi to all,

I try to install Horde 3.1.2 with apache 2.2.2, PHP 5.1.4, mysql 5.0.22
Apache port is 8080 (because there's another server on port 80)
Mysql has /tmp/mysql5022.sock as UNIX socket (because there's another
server with /tmp/mysql.sock as socket)

When I try to configure horde through web Administration - Setup, it
claims that PREFS must be configured
(error message : "There was an error in the configuration form. Perhaps
you left out a required field.")
So, no problem, I configure PREFS with appropriate fields for my Mysql
database.

But when I click on "Generate Horde Configuration", conf.php is written,
but web page cannot be reloaded
("Waiting for localhost . . .)

Error message in horde.log is "Aug 01 14:00:08 HORDE [error] [horde]
Failed retrieving prefs for Administrator
                                                                    [on
line 224 of "/usr/local/apache-2.2.2/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]

(mysql database was upgraded through upgrading script
scripts/upgrades/3.0_to_3.1.mysql.sql without any message on console)

I must also say that i don't encounter this problem with Horde 3.1.1

Thanks for help

--
Lucien GENTIS
IUFM de Lorraine