[imp] why does Horde/IMP re-define mime types, and Dovecot issue(s)

Chris H. fbsd at 1command.com
Sat Aug 5 06:56:46 PDT 2006

Hello and thank you for your response...

Quoting Christian Hernmarck <news-NO.SPAM at lists.hernmarck.ch>:

> Hi Chris
>
> Chris H. schrieb am Samstag, 5. August 2006 05:58 im Beitrag
> <20060804205840.9bkq54wiogwg440c at webmail.1command.com>:
>>
>> Quoting Bill Graham <grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com>:
>>
>>> On your second issue -
>>> I don't believe it's a Horde issue
>>> Apache isn't interperting php  - my guess is you don't have any
>>> .php
>>>  defined to Apache or to the directory that Horde is in  ?
>>
>> As mentioned below, ever since Apache/ PHP have been around PHP
>> doc's have been defined as:
>> application/x-httpd-php
>>
>> Need proof? ;)
>>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> It only takes a short time to check if it's horde or your apache
> config which is /wrong/.
> Make a file, e.g. i.php in your horde webroot. With the following
> line:
> <?php phpinfo(); ?>
> And run it in the browser http://yourserver/horde/i.php

Horde already provides this in horde-root/test.php. All test info
returned by the test.php (as provided by Horde/IMP) says that Horde/IMP
are satisfied with my installed software. As mentioned earlier, this is
virtually a clone of a /working/ 3.11 install. Except I am now running
3.12 and chose the Dovecot option when prompted for the choice. All the other
web related applications that I run have no difficulty communicating with
PHP SSL, or MySQL. I do a great deal of server management (and have for some
10yrs.) with web based applications. My PHP/SSL/MySQL installation
provides far more than Horde/IMP require. It's just that Horde/IMP attempt
to re-define the mime type of PHP /during/ the login process. There aren't
any problems prior. I can get the logon screen and when I did the setup
immediately after the installation, I could run the setup process. It was
not until I /required/ a logon and make the attempt to login, that the problem
arises (after I press the logon button). It is then that Horde/IMP start
changing (re-defining) mime types (PHP).

Thank you again for your response.

--Chris

> If this runs well then it seems to be a horde problem (the mime type
> thing you mentioned), otherwise I'd suggest to have a look at the
> apache/php configuration.
>
> Regards Christian

panic: kernel trap (ignored)