[imp] smtphost in servers.php not overriding mailer in Horde's conf.php?

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Mon Aug 28 19:24:19 PDT 2006

Hello readers,

Just got to see Jan's reply to my question today from the archives.
Delivery to me was suspended due to bounces (no clue why - didn't
happen with any of the many mailing lists I'm subscribed to).

I wrote:
>> I'm probably overlooking something here, but I can't find it!
>> Would someone please hint me?
>> Horde-3.0.10, imp-h3-4.0.4 (I know, a bit old, but I can't upgrade
> yet)
Jan replied:

>So what do you expect? That we install an old IMP version to see if it
>was broken? And if it was, how will this help you if you can't
>upgrade?

I was just expecting to see whether others have hit that problem too,
or if I was just having a bad day and overlooked something obvious. If
no one had anything helpful to say, silence would have been OK. Jan,
your reply was not only useless, but its tonality is close to being
offensive. If you don't want to help, just shut up.

As for using an old version, I closely follow this mailing list and in
the environment with user having high expectations and very little
tolerance I "enjoy" here, what I read on the mailing list makes me
think that the latest and greatest Horde/IMP are not for us yet. I
wish to stay at that version because it seems to offer the most
stability at this time. I might be wrong on this, but that's my choice
and I'm entitled to make it. I'm sure there are other readers of this
mailing list in the same situation. If that's a sacrilege, so be it.

I'll refrain from posting to this mailing list because it's obviously
become useless because of Jan flaming people at will just for the sake
of relieving his stress.

Greets,
_Alain_