[imp] Type of LDAP server used

Thierry Voyat Thierry.Voyat at ac-amiens.fr
Thu Sep 28 06:28:33 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider a écrit :
> Zitat von Thierry Voyat <Thierry.Voyat at ac-amiens.fr>:
>
>> Alan Kong a écrit :
>>> Dear All,
>>> Just wonder which LDAP server is used for integrating with imp/horde
>>> applications. Is openldap a popular choice?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Alan
>>
>> I started with iPlanet Directory Server 4.15. that functioned without
>> problems execpt the huge number of writings generated by Horde
>>
>> Migrating to Directory SUN JES2005 (Directory 5.2) was catastrophic (20
>> secondes for each login and heavy load on my directory) and I had to
>> migrate towards a base mysql
>>
>> I had the same behavior with Fedora Directoy Server 5.1 where the
>> desactivation of the plugin "role" corrected the problem.
>> SUN directory still cause a 20 seconds delay at connection.
>>
>> But beware, for an important load, LDAP is a bad choice (all the entries
>> are written with each connection and LDAP is not made to write...)
>
> Excuse me?
>
> Jan.

LDAP is optimized for read access and write. A common urban legend ? no

Implementation of ldap in horde cause each connection with LDAP prefs
backend to rewrite  all the préfs. ( 150 lignes of ldif just for
impPrefs and hordePrefs see attachment) in my configuration with 2
masters and 3 slaves  this behavior is unacceptable.

Now i use IMP with IMAP auth via a a ldap server for login and mysql for
prefs.

What do you want

--
     ?????      Thierry VOYAT       Tél: (33) 3 22 82 38 39
    ( 0 0 )     Rectorat Amiens     Fax: (33) 3 22 82 39 16