[imp] replacing from_addr field in IMP identity prefs

Joe Auty jauty at indiana.edu
Tue Nov 7 09:08:08 PST 2006

Hello,

We would like to replace the from_addr Identity field with a pull-
down menu of pre-selected choices, and I'd like suggestions on the
best way of connecting the interface changes with the back-end.

Specifically, I've made the interface changes where I've changed the
from_addr field to "fromselect" in IMP's prefs.php file, and wrote
these interfaces changes to a fromselect.inc template file. The
interface part of this is fine.

How now, would I set the values of my new fromselect field to be
added to the DB serialized data set, replacing from_addr? What is the
most elegant way to do so?

Alternatively, perhaps it might be easier to keep the field called
"from_addr", and simply force IMP to read from my fromselect.inc file
to override the default field interface?

Which approach would be easier here, and can you help provide the
information I'll need to complete this modification?

Thanks in advance!

Joe Auty
UITS Messaging
Indiana University