[imp] replacing from_addr field in IMP identity prefs

lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Wed Nov 8 07:02:48 PST 2006

Zitat von Joe Auty <jauty at indiana.edu>:

> Hello,
>
> We would like to replace the from_addr Identity field with a pull-
> down menu of pre-selected choices, and I'd like suggestions on the
> best way of connecting the interface changes with the back-end.
>
> Specifically, I've made the interface changes where I've changed the
> from_addr field to "fromselect" in IMP's prefs.php file, and wrote
> these interfaces changes to a fromselect.inc template file. The
> interface part of this is fine.
>
> How now, would I set the values of my new fromselect field to be
> added to the DB serialized data set, replacing from_addr? What is the
>  most elegant way to do so?
>

> Alternatively, perhaps it might be easier to keep the field called
> "from_addr", and simply force IMP to read from my fromselect.inc file
>  to override the default field interface?
>

> Which approach would be easier here, and can you help provide the
> information I'll need to complete this modification?

Some time ago i have discussed this on the list and the hint from some
horde developer was to use a enum field in the preferences for
"from_addr".

Orginal text :
"Change the from_addr to be an 'enum' preference type instead of
'text', and fill the 'enum' parameter with the correct values from the
db based on Auth::getAuth()"

BTW i would be very interested to see this modification because we have
the need for this too.

Regards

Andreas