[imp] new mimp

Rakesh rakesh at netcore.co.in
Wed Nov 8 06:25:57 PST 2006

Hi Guys,

I have been working on MIMP (on my own personal initiative) since a last
couple of months and have massively modified it, adding more features to
the interface accessible from cellphone.

The following are the features that I have added to MIMP

1. XHTML support : The framework detects the type of browser and now
also renders XHTML apart from WML. If the cellphone supports both XHTML
and WML then XHTML will be rendered.

2. Changed the mailbox listing layout
3  Inline previews of the mail body in the mailbox listing (which can be
switched on and off). You will get more preview of unread messages than
the read ones.
4. Search mailbox (currently Inbox only)
5. View MS WORD attachments
6. Preview Images in compressed formats
7. Download all the attachments on your device
8. Multi selection deletion
9. Browsable URLs. : The urls in your mails can be browsed through a
micro content adapter that we have developed. while render message view,
urls are automatically detects and our micro content adapter is added to
it. The micro content adapter, adapts the HTML page to be more friendly
with mobile devices.
10. detects mailto tags and links it with message composition.

And many more. I would recommend you guys to try it out yourself and
give me your feedback.

Here is the URL to the advanced login interface, you guys can try it out
from your mobile device or PC.
http://wap.netcore.co.in/horde/mimp/?advlogin=true

Alternatively you can just go to http://wap.netcore.co.in and then go to
Login to a POP/IMAP Account > Advanced Login

I would love to contribute my work back to the community if the
community feels that its interesting allows me to do so. Still let me
know your views on this.

thanks

--
Regards,
Rakesh B. Pal

"Nothing is as embrassing as to watch a man do a thing what you said cannot be done"