[imp] Accents in spellcheck with aspell (replay)

Fabio Lourenco Gomes flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br
Wed Nov 8 11:03:33 PST 2006

----- Mensagem de flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br ---------
     Data: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:51:47 -0200
     De: Fabio Lourenco Gomes <flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br>

> Hi list,

>>> You might have to tweak the $nls['spelling'] values for your
language
>>> in config/nls.php.
>>>

>> It is alrealdy done, Jan. IMP is lauching aspell correctly with
the
>>  right dictionary. It is more a display problem than an aspell  problem.
>
>   Jan replied the message, but the solution suggested didn't solve
the
> problem. Does anyone have any new tips to solve or to help find the
> problem?
>
>   Apache, PHP, and the linux box are configured to use ISO-8859-1
> charset. All words are shown correctly in all horde modules. The
> problem restricts to the spell check page.

   Hi again,

   Examining the code I noticed that in <Horde>/lib/Horde/NLS.php,
line 225, Horde enforces the use of UTF-8 charset for browsers that
supports it. That piece of code wasn't present in the previous version
I was using (3.0.9).

   Doing that change to UTF-8 breaks my dictionary that uses
ISO-8859-1 charset. That code wouldn't be that bad if, as it happens
with all modules, the dictionary's words were converted to UTF-8 too.

   To change that behaviour I just commented lines 255 to 229 of NLS.php.

   I would like to see comments on that solution, specially from Jan or Chuck.

   Regards,
   Fábio Gomes