[imp] Accents in spellcheck with aspell (replay)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Nov 9 02:07:06 PST 2006

Zitat von Fabio Lourenco Gomes <flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br>:

>   Examining the code I noticed that in <Horde>/lib/Horde/NLS.php,
> line 225, Horde enforces the use of UTF-8 charset for browsers that
> supports it. That piece of code wasn't present in the previous
> version I was using (3.0.9).
>
>   Doing that change to UTF-8 breaks my dictionary that uses
> ISO-8859-1 charset. That code wouldn't be that bad if, as it happens
> with all modules, the dictionary's words were converted to UTF-8 too.
>
>   To change that behaviour I just commented lines 255 to 229 of NLS.php.

This is obviously not the correct solution, but if you can explain
exactly where which charset is used for which functionality (system,
backends, browser, spell checker), we might be able to find a proper
fix. But I lost you completely on your system using different charsets.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/