[imp] Accents in spellcheck with aspell (replay)

Fabio Lourenco Gomes flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br
Thu Nov 9 07:14:20 PST 2006

----- Mensagem de jan at horde.org ---------
> Zitat von Fabio Lourenco Gomes <flgomes at fazenda.sp.gov.br>:
>
>>  Examining the code I noticed that in <Horde>/lib/Horde/NLS.php,
>> line 225, Horde enforces the use of UTF-8 charset for browsers
that
>> supports it. That piece of code wasn't present in the previous
>> version I was using (3.0.9).
>>
>>  Doing that change to UTF-8 breaks my dictionary that uses
>> ISO-8859-1 charset. That code wouldn't be that bad if, as it
>> happens with all modules, the dictionary's words were converted
>> UTF-8 too.
>>
>>  To change that behaviour I just commented lines 255 to 229 of
NLS.php.

> This is obviously not the correct solution,

   Yes, I know it isn't.

> but if you can explain
> exactly where which charset is used for which functionality
(system,
> backends, browser, spell checker), we might be able to find a
proper
> fix. But I lost you completely on your system using different
charsets.

   My system is entirely configured to use ISO-8859-1. The problem is
the Firefox supports UTF-8, thus allowing horde to switch to UTF-8.

   There it goes:

   * Browser (Firefox 1.5): default charset ISO-8859-1, but supports UTF-8;
   * Operating System (Fedora 4): charset ISO-8859-1, language pt_BR;
   * PHP 5.0.4: default charset ISO-8859-1;
   * Apache 2.0.54: default charset ISO-8859-1;
   * horde/config/nls.php:
     $nls['defaults']['language'] = 'pt_BR';
     $nls['spelling']['pt_BR'] = '-d pt_br';
   * Spellchecker: aspell-0.50.5-6, aspell-pt_BR-2.4-14, dictionary
charset: ISO-8859-1.

   Horde converts all charsets in the pages to UTF-8 if my browser
supports it, except the words from the dictionary used by the spell
checker in compose.php.