[imp] "Welcome to Horde"

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Nov 15 03:54:14 PST 2006

Harakiri schrieb:
> Why dont you create a custom login page,

This could be the right approach, but how does it work?

I need the Imp login, as the user must be able to
choose amongst several IMAP servers, and the login
should imply the pertinent IMAP login.

Now, all documentation I could find about alternate
login to Imp was just:

- in http://lists.horde.org/archives/announce/2006/000261.html:
> * Administrator changes:
>   - Support for alternate login screens and redirection on logout.

- in imp/config/conf.xml:
> If this is not false, it is assumed to be the URL
> of an alternate login screen which will be used
> in place of IMP's default one. This setting will
> be ignored if an alternate login screen is con-
> figured for horde.

I. e. no specification whatsoever (not even a hint)
for that alternate login page.

So, the question ist: What should that alternate
login page achieve, which PHP variables should it
set, how will it interact with Imp?

I have tried to figure this out from imp/login.php,
but did not succeed. Apparently, it redirects the
browser to the alternate login page, then exits,
prematurely. Does this mean that I will have to
copy all the code from imp/login.php (except, of
course, that redirection and the templates/login
line) into my alternate login page -- without
really understanding it?

And does that mean that I will have to repeat this
code analysis, and copying, for every new Imp release?

The rationale for having all those elaborate con-
figuration options is to avoid re-doing the analysis
and modification of the application code proper.
This will only work when there is a reliable
specification for the possible configuration settings.
So, where can I find the specification for the
alternate Imp login page?

Thanks, in advance, for any hint.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz