[imp] IMP on Fedora Core 5

Muskingum Web Manager webmgr at muskingum.edu
Thu Nov 16 22:22:43 PST 2006

Nico,

I just installed Horde and apps on a new Fedora Core 5 install... however,
I'm having trouble logging in... I am also using POP3, but my POP3 server is
denying the login for some reason.

Since I saw on the Horde mailing lists that you were in a similar
configuration I thought I'd ask if you had any special configurations that
you made to allow successful login. So far, I know all the config/*.php
files are pointing to my pop3 server correctly. My databases are a duplicate
of the other server (which also was working perfectly).

When I login it returns an error in the Horde.log file that says:
Nov 17 01:05:33 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 143.246.82.28 to
mailsrv.muskingum.edu:110[pop3] as webmgr [on line 153 of
"/www/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

I'm going to send this to the mail list as well, but as I said, I am hoping
you are aware of some special consideration of config settings, modules or
packages I should have installed for this to work.

Thanks for your time,

Aaron M. Hall
Muskingum College Web Coordinator
Phone: (740) 826-8055