[imp] Upgrade from Horde 2 to 3, mysql performance problems.

Mark Keller mark at pdx.edu
Sat Nov 18 01:26:55 PST 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 00:11, Jacques Beaudoin wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I did myself a upgrade and never had such a problem.
>
> Are you using php eaccelerator with horde ?

We don't have eaccelerator going yet. We also bumped to php5 during this
upgrade and it seemed like we were having issues with eaccelerator/php5. We
are still doing some testing, but might add it soon.

My understanding is that eaccelerator won't reduce the amount of mysql
queries. I thought it just caches the php bytecode, but still executes it.
Correct me if I am wrong. Our web servers seem to be doing fine. Although
they do have a higher load than horde2/imp3.

> How may users do you have ?

Our total imp user base is around 20,000. Maybe 2000-3000 concurrently.

> How much ram in your mysql server ?

4GB. I have increased the innodb_buffer and query_cache quite a bit. We still
have some free memory and no swapping.

> Are you using innodb ?

Yes innodb.

Is there some setting that keep the queries down? I mostly see
horde_sessionhandler and horde_datatree queries. I tried setting datatree to
the null driver, but that seemed to make things even slower.

Thanks,

Mark Keller