[imp] Multiple login attempts despite login_tries=1?

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 11:16:39 PST 2006

I've set "login_tries" to 1 in our servers.conf file, and have
confirmed in imp/lib/IMAP.php and imp/lib/Session.php that it is using
this value, but our server logs are showing three login attempts from
IMP. This is resulting in a really long delay for anyone who makes a
typo entering in their password, so I'd really like to resolve this.

I've added some logging into imp/lib/IMAP.php in openIMAPStream(), and
I only see one attempt being made through this mechanism. We are using
IMP for authentication, but does Horde try independently via some
other file? I created a simple PHP file calling just imap_open() with
the same information, and it only tries once, so I know the problem is
not within imap_open().

We're running the following:

Horde 3.1.3
IMP 4.1.3