[imp] Multiple login attempts despite login_tries=1?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 23 12:11:31 PST 2006

Quoting patrick <gibblertron at gmail.com>:

> I've set "login_tries" to 1 in our servers.conf file, and have
> confirmed in imp/lib/IMAP.php and imp/lib/Session.php that it is using
> this value, but our server logs are showing three login attempts from
> IMP. This is resulting in a really long delay for anyone who makes a
> typo entering in their password, so I'd really like to resolve this.

There is nothing you (or we) can do about this, at least pre-PHP
5.2.1.  imap_open() will automatically attempt to connect to the
remote IMAP server three times before giving up.

As of PHP 5.2.1, a parameter has been added to imap_open() to allow
the end-user to explicitly set the number of retry attempts.  IMP will
use this parameter automatically for all PHP 5.2.1+ setups (as of CVS
HEAD).

michael