[imp] quota with imp4 and courierimap/vpopmail

Tobias Orlamünde tobias.orlamuende at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 28 01:32:18 PST 2006

2006/11/27, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Tobias Orlamünde <tobias.orlamuende at googlemail.com>:
>

> 2006/11/27, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> >
> > Zitat von Tobias Orlamünde <tobias.orlamuende at googlemail.com>:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > needed to setup a new webmail-server since the old one is really
> > outdated.
> > > At the old hore/imp server (please don't ask for an exact version) I
> > > implemented a nice hack for displaying quota in conjunction with
> > courier and
> > > vpopmail.
> > > I am trying to get something similar running with the folowing config:
> >
> > > Debian Sarge
> > > Horde 3 (3.04-4sarge4 from testing-branch)
> > > IMP 4 (4.0.2-2 also from testing)
> > > vpopmail 5.4.9
> > > courier-imap 3.0.4
> > >

> > > Is there any possibility to implement it with just a little of hacking
> > imp4
> > > or another possibility for getting quotas displayed with that setup?
> >
> > You don't need to hack anything. Just enable quota support in IMP's
> > server configuration.
> >
> > Jan.
> >
> > I already did, but at the IMP-frontend I get the error-message that it
> is unable to read the quota.
> From servers.php (ZZZ = my settings - just anonymized :-) )
>
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>     'server' => 'ZZZ',
>     'hordeauth' => 'full',
>     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>     'port' => 143,
>     'folders' => 'INBOX.',
>     'namespace' => '',
>     'maildomain' => 'example.com ',
>     'smtphost' => 'ZZZ',
>     'smtpport' => 25,
>     'realm' => '',
>     'preferred' => '',
>     'dotfiles' => false,
>     'quota' => array(
>         'driver' => 'courier',
>         'params' => array(
>             'login' => ",
>             'password' => ",
>             // The 'userhierarchy' parameter defaults to 'user.'
>             // If you are using a nonstandard hierarchy for personal
>             // mailboxes, you will need to set it here.
>             ///'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
>             // Although these defaults are normally all that is required,
>             // you can modify the following parameters from their default
>             // values.
>             ///'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>             ///'hostspec' => ",
>             ///'port' => 143
>         )
>     ),
>     'hierarchies' => array()
>
> If it should work "out of the box", what did I do wrong here? ;-)
>
> Your IMAP server is not propagating the quota correctly.

What makes you telling me that? Is there somewhere an example for the right
propagation available? Can this test be done "by hand"?
Got an idea if it works right with courier at all and if yes, starting from
which version(s) (if vpopmail might be affected as well)?

Sorry, but your last answer was rellay short. :-)

Cheers

Tobias