[imp] Compose and the default Address Book

Walter R. Moore moorewr at eckerd.edu
Thu Nov 30 13:44:30 PST 2006

Anyone have any advice for me on the Compose window Address Book dialog?
Please? :)

> Dear IMP experts:
>
> We are preparing to move from imp 4.0.x to imp 4.1.x (I know, last in
> line as usual) and we have run into a odd behavior in the 4.1 Compose
> Window's address book link.
>
> I believe I have correctly set the preferences to default to the local
> sql addressbook, but in 4.1 the Compose/addressbook window stays blank
> for 15+ seconds and then displays a long list of names returned from our
> LDAP database.
>
> Under 4.0, it returned the localsql list, as expected.
>
> In a Google of the mail archives I found an old port to [turba] mentions
> adding localsql to add_source in imp/config/prefs.php; this looks
> correct to me.  Evidently I've missed something, what might it be?
>
> -Walter Moore
>
> PS: I posted a while ago about login speeds - I wanted to add that we
> found that switching to connecting to mysql on the same DB server cut
> login time by 50-60% percent. Evidently something is not optimal in
> either our otherwise speedy PostgreSQL server (an 8-core Sun FT2000) or
> with the horde-PHP/DB/psql stack, or both.

Walter R. Moore --  System Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr at eckerd.edu --  http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

    Solitudinem faciunt pacem appellant.
    (They make a wilderness and call it peace.)
       ---Tacitus, reporting the words of Calgalus