[imp] login takes more than 20 seconds

Ferdinand Gruber grfe at hs-schallerbach.at
Wed Dec 6 12:16:43 PST 2006

I have installed the latest version of imp and horde framework on our
school server.

The application is in use since some months. It is not used by many
users at the same time and it works well.

But the login prodecure takes a time of more than 20 seconds. This is
the time between entering the password and the appearence of the mailbox
window. Can anything be done to make this sogin time shorter.

The server's performance should not be the reason: 3 GHZ, 1 GB RAM.
We use Dovecot IMAP Server. On the server is Suse Linux 10.0 running.

The login is also slow when I work within our network, not only when
logging in from outside over the internet. Therefore I suppose it to be
a configuration problem.

Can anyone give me tipps?

Greetings from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber