[imp] login takes more than 20 seconds

Ferdinand Gruber grfe at hs-schallerbach.at
Thu Dec 7 04:08:18 PST 2006

Eric Jon Rostetter schrieb:
> Then usually the next thing to check is the imap prefix settings if any
> (assuming you are using imap, not pop), or the database load (assuming
> you
> are using a database backend).
We use Dovecot IMAP server. But in tried also Pop. The login is not
really faster.
We have MySQL as database backend.

> See for example http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces
>
> One way to check is see what the load is on your sql server (if one),
> or see the disk activity on your mail server during login... If either
> is high, than that is the likely problem.  If not, well, on to the next
> guess (all we can do is guess, since you provided so little info).
Ok, I'll try to check this.
But I think that there cannot be much activity because the database is
small. I deleted the database and set up horde new yesterday and login
is not faster than before. The database is nearly empty.

May be there is some configuration problem with MySQL.

Because other applications, like wordpress, seem also to take a long
time to start.
Could the firewall be the reason. I'll try to switch off the firewall
and look if the performance changes.

Ferdinand