[imp] Auth::authenticate() login problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Dec 15 07:47:32 PST 2006

Zitat von Chris Miller <chris at integratedventures.co.uk>:

> Many thanks Chuck,
>
> My final question was
>
> "And finally, on correct login and display of a block
> , on the occurrence of any interaction with
>  the block that should fire the horde portal, how do I firstly adjust
>  the links to reflect the horde url ?"
>
> I will reword!
>
> On correct login to horde, with a call to a particular block which will dump
> html into a non horde page, how do I adjust the <a href="..."> links to
> reflect where the page is?
>
> i.e. an example would be, I have a file stuffwithhorde.php in
> www.mydomain.com/admin/stuffwithhorde.php, or in the
> /admin/ folder of my mydomain.com root directory (perhaps if virtual
> hosting). Indeed this path might even be the root directory itself, or
> further up than one level. Horde, as must installs are, is located at
> /horde/ (and can be an alias for several different hosts). As long as I can
> change the links that are output to reflect that they should prefix with
> /horde/ then I can use it anywhere.
>
> So when a user clicks horde content, it should take the person to the
> correct page, or operation etc.

This happens already, as long as you configured Horde correctly. In
your case you probably need to set a fixed webroot in
horde/config/registry.php.

> Also a quick note. Is it advisable to use the HEAD from the CVS whilst
> learning these steps and interacting, or is a stable branch good enough ?

Stable should be fine. CVS HEAD might have a few more API methods, but
as long as you don't need them, you can stick with a release.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/