[imp] Several questions regarding IMP

Martin Waschbuesch martin at waschbuesch.de
Fri Dec 22 02:51:48 PST 2006

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding IMP. However, I am not sure if
this mailing list is the right one to address, since I use the
groupware webmail edition. If my questions should be directed to a
different list - just let me know.

1.) Filters do not seem to work correctly. If I select a rule
that consists of two statements connected by OR, only one statement
will be checked. E.g. if 'From' contains 'abc' OR 'From' contains
'xyz' deliver the mail to folder 'junk'. Only one of the rules will be
checked. The otherone is always ignored.

2.) Is there a way to tell IMP to execute a filter rule when logging
in or refreshing the Inbox?

3.) Spell checking (I use Aspell) does not give the option to select
the language. It seems it will always use the language I use for the
horde interface. Since I use the German interface, but write a lot of
stuff in English and sometimes also French, this seems quite
inconvenient.

4.) Some IMAP servers have the ability to tell the client when there
are new mals in which folder without the need for the client to poll
all folders. (E.g. this works quite nicely with Courier if
IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS is set to 1). The notification of new mails in
horde seems quite slow - does it poll all the folders or use the IMAP
server's new mail notification?

5.) Is it possible to chaneg the order in which Folders are displayed?
E.g. have the special folders like Inbox, draft, trash and sent mail
before the others?

Thanks for your help!

Martin Waschbuesch

--
"In everyone there sleeps
A sense of life lived according to love.

Philip Larkin 'Faith Healing' (1960)