[imp] Login failing to imp 4.1.3

Yoseff Francus francus at yossi.com
Wed Dec 27 13:29:04 PST 2006

And one final thing; when I did the IMAP login test from the imp test
pages I got a success; so something very odd is happening here.

     * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

           SUCCESS - INBOX has 144 messages (0 new 0 recent)

     * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

           Certificate failure for metsny.yossi.com: self signed
certificate:
           /C=US/ST=OH/L=Cincinnati/O=Francus Consulting/OU=Francus
           Consulting/CN=Yoseff Francus/emailAddress=francus at yossi.com

     * Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:

           SUCCESS - INBOX has 144 messages (0 new 0 recent)

     * Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:

           SUCCESS - INBOX has 144 messages (0 new 0 recent)

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:

     Configuration 1

         'server' => 'metsny.yossi.com'
         'protocol' => 'imap/notls'
         'port' => '143'

     Configuration 2

         'server' => 'metsny.yossi.com'
         'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert'
         'port' => '993'

     Configuration 3

         'server' => 'metsny.yossi.com'
         'protocol' => 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert'
         'port' => '143'

as well as

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote
server:

     Namespace Information

         NAMESPACE: ""
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: personal

         NAMESPACE: "#mhinbox"
         DELIMITER:
         TYPE: personal

         NAMESPACE: "#mh/"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: personal

         NAMESPACE: "~"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: others

         NAMESPACE: "#shared/"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: shared

         NAMESPACE: "#ftp/"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: shared

         NAMESPACE: "#news."
         DELIMITER: .
         TYPE: shared

         NAMESPACE: "#public/"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: shared

     IMAP CHILDREN support:

         Not supported

     IMAP Charset Search Support:

         Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.