[imp] Login failing to imp 4.1.3

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Dec 27 13:52:02 PST 2006

Quoting Yoseff Francus <francus at yossi.com>:

>>> Dec 27 14:31:06 metsny imapd[1858]: Command stream end of file,
>>> while reading line user=??? host=metsny.yossi.com [199.6.40.234]

If I remember correctly, this is only an issue with the UW-imapd
server and was fixed in HEAD a long time ago.  However, I don't
believe it ever was (or can be) backported to IMP 4.1.x (I think this
had something to do with trying to reopen a read-only mailbox as
read-write without changing the mailbox but I could be mistaken).
See, e.g.,
http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20060529/058435.html

So you either need to change IMAP servers, use a HEAD version of IMP,
or wait for IMP 4.2.

michael