[imp] Reading and composing email

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Jan 28 20:05:34 PST 2007

Quoting steve.perkins at barsense.net:

>   Hi, I am new to horde but the main thing I am having a problem
> with is that when the message is a multi-part message, the default
> view and, more importantly, the included message body when replying
> or forwarded is often defaulted to the text/plain version. This
> would be fine except that it doesn't appear correctly, as can be
> seen below.

Nothing we can do here.  As described below, some html messages do not
have explicit line break information so when converting from html ->
text, no line breaks are added.

>   Is there any way of changing this so that the html/text is used by
> default as this seems to display fine when selected, but is only
> viewable in a pop-up window.

Update to HEAD.  There is an option to "reply to message in original format".

>   I've only seen the effect in an email that is forwarded or replied
> to from a hotmail (windows live) account so far(very limited
> testing), but its very strange, and somewhat annoying as I can't
> read the mail, and the included section when replying or forwarding
> from Horde is fairly unintelligible, esp with long emails.

That's because hotmail sometimes sends messages using div's as a
substitute for paragraph tags.  I believe the newer versions of out
html2text filter handle this correctly.

michael