[imp] MIMP Login causing redirect loop

Joel Smith js-horde at jk1.net
Thu Feb 8 20:35:33 PST 2007

Joel Smith wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running MIMP 1.0 and Horde 3.1.3, and I set up the auth driver as
> described in the MIMPHowTo page on the wiki.
>
> When I authenticate from a regular browser, I get the IMP login screen,
> and I can authenticate successfully.  If I use a WAP mobile browser, I
> get the MIMP login screen.  So far, so good.  If I then attempt to
> authenticate, my browser gets into a redirect loop.  Here's a relevant
> snippet from my apache logs:
I found it... I had a _mimp_hook_vinfo function that I copied from my
_imp_hook_vinfo function.  I was using the $_SESSION['imp']['user']
variable instead of $_SESSION['mimp']['user'] to construct my username.
Since the imp auth module wasn't running, that variable was empty,
_mimp_hook_vinfo function was returning an empty string.  Gotta love
those copy and paste bugs!

Anyways, it seems to be working perfectly now.  MIMP is pretty sweet for
WAP-enabled devices.
Thanks,
Joel