[imp] problem w/ "Empty Trash" icon in IMP 4.0.5

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Tue Feb 20 12:01:57 PST 2007

We've got a problem with the "Empty Trash" icon in IMP 4.0.5.  I know
we're downrev.   We won't get to upgrade to something newer until this
summer (when's 4.2 due out? ;))

Anyhoo -  I'm having a problem w/ Firefox 2.0 in OSX, where the "Empty
Trash" task is getting run even if the user hits "cancel" in the
confirmation window.   It does it reliably in my copy, and less reliably
(but still it still occurs) on my officemate's machine.

The "Empty Trash" / "cancel" combination seems to work once..
- select the "Empty Trash" icon on the menu bar
- select "cancel" (w/ the mouse) when it asks you if you're sure
- repeat

I can make it work right if I hit the escape key rather than selecting
"cancel", and it works correctly on our test 4.1 installation.

Any ideas?
Liam