[imp] IE not offering to remember login/passwd (Horde 3.1.3/Imp 4.1.3)

Ray Jackson ray at gravitysolutions.co.nz
Wed Feb 21 01:19:47 PST 2007

All,

I am running Debian Etch Horde/IMP (v3.1.3/v4.1.3) and have come up
against a problem where Internet Explorer no longer offers to remember
your login/password when you login, meaning you have to re-enter it
every time.  This doesn't happen with Mozilla/Firefox which happily
offers to remember your credentials.  Previous versions of Horde/IMP
would work with IE in this regard but not anymore.  Is anybody aware of
this problem and can offer a quick fix solution?

Ideally, we'd like Cookie based authentication through a 'remember me'
type option at login, so users can choose to store a cookie to
pre-authenticate them.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ray