[imp] Can't save sent mail in "sent-mail" or other folder

Tim Bannister Tim.Bannister at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Feb 23 04:46:48 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:21:30AM +0000, Tim Bannister wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 8. April 2005 22:22 schrieb lody at mondrian-it.nl:
> > > Just installed horde 3.0.4 and imp 4.0.2. Most things work fine, but
> > > sending a message when saving the message in the sent-mail folder
> > > gives an error (the message is sent anyway, but no history)
> > > The message contains:
> > > "This is what the server said: Invalid mailbox name"
> > > The mailbox does exist however and I am able to create mailboxes in
> > > the "Folders" tab. When selecting another Sentmail folder in
> > > Options/Personal Information I get the same error.
>
> We are seeing similar symptoms for our system - IMP 4.0.3 and Horde
> 3.0.10 (modulo a number of local customisations and patches). Could
> anything cause this other than an invalid setting in
> imp/config/servers.php ?

We believe that this problem was caused by a custom login page which
left "server" unset. Changing the login page has worked around the issue.

The symptoms in detail:
users who logged in via the custom page often could not save sent mail.
imp 4.0.2 needs to have several properties explicitly set for the
server: quota, acl, namespace. The behaviour we saw was similar; we were
seeing permission denied errors which I believe were IMP trying to
create "sent-mail" rather than "INBOX.sent-mail"

--
Tim Bannister
IT Services

w: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/itservices