[imp] Authentication against LDAP

Kevin Conley kevinconley at northwestern.edu
Sun Feb 25 11:08:04 PST 2007

Sure - its not problem to do either.

First, there is a preference to take care of the double auth prob.

Go to setup->horde->authentication and at the bottom there is an option:

* What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde?

Pick IMP and you should be good to go.

Second, HORDE allows you to write hooks (see horde/config/hooks.php) which allow
you to write custom code that can set preference values or be called as certain
time.

A combination of using the postauthenticate hook and the fullname/from_addr hook
will do exactly what you want.

Read the hooks.php and pref.php files in both HORDE and IMP and see if you
understand how these plug together - it's pretty simple to pick-up.
Then go the wiki and i believe there are a few entries on doing this with LDAP.
If you still have questions drop em on this list and i'll dig up my samples for you.

--
Kevin Conley
Technology Support Services