[imp] Authentication against LDAP

Steve Williams spamfilter at lasnobberia.net
Sun Feb 25 14:56:12 PST 2007

Kevin Conley wrote:
> Sure - its not problem to do either.
>
> First, there is a preference to take care of the double auth prob.
>
> Go to setup->horde->authentication and at the bottom there is an option:
>
> * What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde?
>
> Pick IMP and you should be good to go.
>
> Second, HORDE allows you to write hooks (see horde/config/hooks.php)
> which allow you to write custom code that can set preference values or
> be called as certain time.
>
> A combination of using the postauthenticate hook and the
> fullname/from_addr hook will do exactly what you want.
>
> Read the hooks.php and pref.php files in both HORDE and IMP and see if
> you understand how these plug together - it's pretty simple to pick-up.
> Then go the wiki and i believe there are a few entries on doing this
> with LDAP. If you still have questions drop em on this list and i'll dig
> up my samples for you.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response on this. I've got Cyrus authenticating against
LDAP, IMP authenticating against Cyrus and Horde authenticating against IMP.

I'll have a sit down with all the white papers you suggest from the WIKI
and from the hooks.php file tomorrow.

Thanks again for your response.

Steve