[imp] Quota with Dovecot

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Tue Feb 27 05:17:47 PST 2007

Hi again,

Even if I can't code in php, I've taken a look in the quota code in imp. As
far as I've seen, the main diference between courier and cyrus is the error
condition handling. The quota handling code is the same.

So, I've tried to simulate all the possible scenarios with dovecot:

1. Quota set

a03 getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX" ""
* QUOTA "" (STORAGE 56500 200000)
a03 OK Getquotaroot completed.

2. Quota compiled in, but not set

a02 getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX" ""
* BAD Internal quota error
* QUOTA "" ()
a02 OK Getquotaroot completed.

3. Quota not compiled in

a02 getquotaroot INBOX
a02 BAD Error in IMAP command GETQUOTAROOT: Unknown command.

The difference between imapd servers seems to be error handling related. For
example, in a Courier server with quota compiled in but not set (the second
example above), I get:

a02 getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX" "ROOT"
* QUOTA "ROOT"
a02 OK GETQUOTAROOT Ok.

I've tried to patch courier.php, but it isn't working.

Aaaaaaaaaagur.
--
Joseba Torre. CIDIR Bizkaia.