[imp] Newbie question: Hacking From address of IMP

Steve Williams spamfilter at lasnobberia.net
Mon Mar 5 22:54:17 UTC 2007

Bianchi Quota Leonardo wrote:
> Hi, I have a running FrontEnd IMP which talk with uw-imap box.
>
> Horde-2.2.3-1 ; IMP Version,IMP: 3.2.1,PHP Version; PHP Version: 4.2.2;
> IMAP (imap-4.5-4 on a RH6.2)
>
> I need configuring IMP to manage two domains, the old one which is
> already working and the new one.
> Now about users, they all appear into the same domain and IMP is good if
> reading emails.
> The problem rises when users send emails which appear all sent with the
> same domain.

Hi,

You presumably want to force-in a default from address for each users.
You can theoretically do this from whatever you like, be it a .php file,
SQL table, or LDAP.

I have successfully got name and address into from field forced in with
an LDAP back end. I can share my work with you if you require.
Interrogating against a PHP script or SQL database would just be
modifying the code.

Hope this helps,
Steve