[imp] hashed password authentication

JRBernedo at smart.com.ph JRBernedo at smart.com.ph
Tue Mar 6 11:33:12 UTC 2007

Hi!

I am building a community site in which I decided to integrate horde
into. I have my own authentication for my site. My question is, after
logging into my site, I want the user to be logged automatically in
his/her horde email without getting his password manually. Of course his
email username will be stored in the database together with his access
to my site (username/password) but I don't want to store his horde mail
password in plain text (in case I want to log the user using
conventional horde authentication).

Simply put, is there some way I can authorize a user (let him view his
mail, etc) automatically using his hashed password? I can get his hashed
password through LDAP connection at the backend (using his horde
username as a reference). This has been bugging me for weeks! Any help
will do. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jomar Bernedo

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and authorized recipients.  It may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is subject to the conditions in http://www.smart.com.ph/disclaimer.