[imp] Very slow access after upgrading to Horde Groupware

Mayank Joshi mail2mayank at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 04:29:36 UTC 2007

Hi,
   We've been using Horde and Imp along with Turba for about last 3 years.
Few months back we decided to upgrade to a new Webmail system and after
assessing all the features we found Horde Groupware to be the best among
all. However since the upgrade the entire system has gone real slow. We've
compiled PHP 4.3.2 along with MySQL 5.0.22. We are using Apache 1.3.27 which
again has been compiled from source. The test.php script provided with Horde
shows no missing components, however the entire system takes too long a time
to login and even after login the system runs pretty slow as compared to
it's earlier couterpart. We have a system where the users are authenticated
against a Windows Active Directory using Kerberos and the imap and sendmail
servers are running on Solaris 9. Earlier we had impression that this might
be the cause of problem but when we tested the system using mail clients
like Thunderbird and Outlook, they performed okey. It would be very kind of
you, if you could help us in this regard.

Regards,
Mayank