[imp] Very slow access after upgrading to Horde Groupware

lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Mon Mar 19 09:25:15 UTC 2007

Zitat von Mayank Joshi <mail2mayank at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>   We've been using Horde and Imp along with Turba for about last 3 years.
> Few months back we decided to upgrade to a new Webmail system and after
> assessing all the features we found Horde Groupware to be the best among
> all. However since the upgrade the entire system has gone real slow. We've
> compiled PHP 4.3.2 along with MySQL 5.0.22. We are using Apache 1.3.27 which
> again has been compiled from source. The test.php script provided with Horde
> shows no missing components, however the entire system takes too long a time
> to login and even after login the system runs pretty slow as compared to
> it's earlier couterpart. We have a system where the users are authenticated
> against a Windows Active Directory using Kerberos and the imap and sendmail
> servers are running on Solaris 9. Earlier we had impression that this might
> be the cause of problem but when we tested the system using mail clients
> like Thunderbird and Outlook, they performed okey. It would be very kind of
> you, if you could help us in this regard.

Check for the common problems in this aerea :
- Listed IMP/TURBA/DB sources which are not available. If you are using
unmodified *.dist files you have a lot of entries which will not match
your environment.
- Uncheck the features which are marked as "performance-hit" like
preview of attachments and the like.
- Be sure to use PHP with mcrypt support and a PHP accelerator.

Regards

Andreas