[imp] [UPGRADE] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 20 12:38:27 UTC 2007

Zitat von Serge ALGAROTTI <Serge.Algarotti at ensmp.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> we are in Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0 RC1, we would like upgrade to
> 1.0.1.
>
> As there are no patch from RC1, we doesn't  exactly understand what we must
> do and we prefer have a confirmation.
>
> The UPGRADING file says only:
>
> +++
> Please backup your existing data before running any of the steps
> described below. You can't use the updated data with your old Horde
> Groupware Webmail Edition version anymore.
> After updating to a newer Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version, you
> **always** need to update **all** configuration files.
> +++
>
> Must we only  do ?
> * decompress and detar in a new directory ?
> * upgrade (or create )  all the conf.php  file with the information of the
>   conf.php 1.0RC1 file ?
> * are there others files than conf.php to upgrade ?

This isn't really a support upgrade path, but in this case you should
try to extract the release version to a new directory, copy the old
configuration files over, see which configuration files (except
conf.php) have changed and need to be updated. Then login as an admin,
go to the setup screen and update all applications that are marked as
not being uptodate.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/