[imp] need help with Imp slowness

Darryl Cook dlc at cs.appstate.edu
Fri Mar 23 17:15:29 UTC 2007

   I need some help trying to locate the source of slowness with Imp.
I have been running Imp for about a year or so with no problems until
recently.   Suddenly when I send a message with Imp it takes on
average about 50 seconds before the message is sent to the mail
server.  I have looked through logs, turned on debug etc etc but cant
find any error messages.  The only thing I see is at the bottom of the
compose screen a message which says contacting mail server.  I have
tried other imap programs such as Thunderbird and the slowness does
not exist.  I have tried both standard and ssl imap connections with
horde and get the same results.  Something has changed somewhere but I
cant for the life of me figure out where.

   Im currently using:

   Redhat ES v4

   Php v5.1.4

   Apache v2.0.59